Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Red Fox

When this picture was taken, I was in the outskirts of a small town in Alaska called Talkeetna.  I had been walking around in 5 degree weather with my uncle for hours, trying in vain to catch a glimpse of a rabbit for long enough to get a shot off.  The second when we thought we were going to go home empty-handed, a patch of snow in the distance moved.  Towards us.  Just when I realized it wasn't snow, just a very white rabbit, I saw the fox behind it.  Frozen in mid run, it stood for minutes on end, just staring at us.  And then for the next hour, this fox just...hung out with us.  It sat staring at us, sniffed us, and followed us until it started to get dark, when it trotted off into the woods, back to its hole.

My name is Max, and throughout the next couple months I hope to share stories and photographs of my experiences with nature, with whoever cares to read them.       

No comments:

Post a Comment