Monday, February 11, 2013

Redfish

This is a Red Drum, or a Redfish.  These fish can be found anywhere along the eastern coast of the United States and in the Gulf of Mexico.  Redfish are very fun to catch and delicious to eat, but unfortunately, they aren't going to be the topic of this post.  
When I caught this fish, I barely even noticed that it had been hooked.  My mind was in another place.  I was thinking about the fish that I was actually here to catch, the fish that should be on every fly-fisherman's bucket list.  Megalops atlanticus, or, Tarpon.  The entire trip to Islamorada, Fl, had been planned around the idea of knocking this species off of my list.  But, as I'm sure you can tell from the picture, we had no luck.  So, until March, when I try again, this picture will have to suffice as a place holder.   

1 comment:

  1. Goodluck in March, hopefully you catch the fish that you are looking for

    ReplyDelete