Sunday, March 17, 2013

Interesting Starfish




















While wading the flats down in Green Turtle Cay, there's something interesting to see.  Even if you get a day when the fish aren't around, you won't be disappointed.  On the first day of my trip, among the many other colorful starfish laying in the crystal clear water, I found the one in the second picture, with six huge legs.  This got me thinking about my trip down here a few years ago, when my dad found a starfish that only had four legs, with no signs that it had ever lost one.  This means that had been born with only four legs.  When he asked locals in town about it, they told him that a four legged starfish is rare and considered very good luck.  A few days later, while I was walking through the flat looking for fish, I looked down and saw one sitting right next to my foot.  Unfortunately, it didn't seem to bring me any luck, because that day I didn't catch any fish.     

No comments:

Post a Comment