Monday, April 15, 2013

Bird and Her Eggs

So hopefully by now, anyone who is reading this should know that I'm into nature.  Not just plants and the outdoors, I'm big into animals as well.  Which would explain why, throughout my life, many different types of critters have taken up residency in my house.  Cats, dogs, birds, an iguana, multiple orphaned baby squirrels, and at one point, a turtle that had been run over (don't worry, he lived!).

This is my bird, Bird.  Yes, I did name my bird Bird, and there's a story behind it.  When we first got her, we had no idea how to tell whether she was a male or a female.  She was young, and with research I found out that it would take a few years for certain features to develop that would indicate the sex.  So that, coupled with the fact that I've never been good at coming up with interesting and catchy names, resulted in the name Bird.

A couple months later, when Bird was living a happy, although still genderless bird life, I noticed that she was spending most of her time in a little bird house that I had recently put in her cage.  After a few days, I started to get a little worried due to the fact that she now would not come out of her humble abode.  I popped the top of the house off, and there was Bird, sitting on a pile of pure white cadbury-egg sized eggs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment