Monday, April 15, 2013

First Timers

One of my favorite parts of being an experienced fisherman is sharing that experience.  Even if someone doesn't find the same release that you do, or experience the same joy that comes from landing that memorable fish, it's still worth seeing the amazement and surprise spark up in a persons eyes.

Bringing first timers out for a day of fishing is always risky.  The weather is always changing, and some days those fish just aren't around.  Luckily, when my dad and I brought my sisters best friend and her boyfriend, we had a bright, calm, perfect day.  We saw whales, we caught big fish (the above picture is a 50" Striped Bass, the first fish either of them had ever caught).  I couldn't think of a better way to show people a new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment